Friday, August 15, 2014

Meet Todd Bartle


The couch ... the soft, warm, leather couch was the perfect setting for this photo, because I think, in a lot of ways, the couch is a metaphor for many aspects of my personality ... aged, nurturing, welcoming, stable; a place, a person, that invites you in a surrounds you with warmth and love, and invites you to forget your troubles and, for a euphorious moment, just BE. 

 As I have grown more mature, I have discovered that there is more joy in taking care of the needs of others than tending to one's self interests.  For the first time in my life, this project has made me realize that I'm attractive. both inside and out.  Not only me, but men of all ages.  No matter what stage of life's journey we are on, we are all like snow flakes ... beautiful and unique.  When we're young, we carry our beauty on the outside, but as we age and mellow,  that beauty turns inward like a wonderful treasure waiting to be discovered. 

 Yes, I have a few laugh lines and crow's feet, but I would never want to cover them up.  They are an outward symbol, a badge of honor, that let's the world know I have lived well, laughed often, and loved much.

No comments:

Post a Comment