Friday, March 6, 2015

Meet Ophelia Uppe-Bouviér



I found the idea of modeling for this calendar intriguing, and thought I’d like to participate…. Which even surprised myself.


Why would I want to be involved with a project like this? Didn’t I know people were going to be purchasing this calendar? Naturally, the thought of me hanging in kitchens across town as Miss October or the like brought to mind some questions I had to carefully consider.


However, I’ve learned in my life that doing the unexpected and expressing myself as an artist are good things for me. And I’m certainly not shy when it comes to Ophelia.
Although clearly I am a drag queen, I always think of myself as an actor. I see how “Ophelia Uppe-Bouviér” has evolved into this complex character I’ve created with her own life and family. The crazier her antics, the more entertaining she is for us all, myself included. It’s a character that Curtis totally loses himself in, easily.
Here, we see the drag actor in his natural habitat, wardrobe in the background and tools of his trade scattered about the vanity. Beautiful in his average glory.

2 comments: