Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Meet Chantz Thilmony


One thing I've always been proud of is being born and raised in this beautiful state- although being here hasn't always been the easiest. 

Over the course of my young life, fitting in was always a struggle. I've always been labeled "too much" of something- too fat, too hairy, too femm, too gay- so self esteem hasn't always been the easiest to come by. As I've gotten older, I've really learned to love me and appreciate the skin I am- embracing the idea that who or what I am is not a problem to be solved. 

I really wanted to participate in this project after being inspired by reading the beautiful stories shared by the other Mentana participants. I wanted to share a vulnerable side of myself not often shared- in hopes of compelling others to challenge outside perceptions of themselves and truly embracing the beauty that makes each and every one of us unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment