Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Meet Sam and Jayse




Sam Jaxin:

My "coming out" story is that I don't have a coming out story. My journey as a Two-Spirit started on the Crow Indian Reservation in Southeastern Montana when I was 5 years old with the guidance of my great-grandmother. At that age she and my family started teaching me the traditional roles of both the women and men in our tribe, which are gender specific. Being taught both roles helped me gain a stronger self-identity as a Crow Two-Spirit (Bite) throughout my life. I left the reservation when I graduated high school and have since been a modern day nomad.

In my travels I have found other Two-Spirit people from various tribes who have been taught their own traditional ways- and others who are searching for what was lost through Christianity and Genocide. Traditional Two-Spirit people are a dying race within Indian Country and it is has been my life goal to help revive these traditions to bring them back to the Indian people.

Throughout my journey I was very fortunate to find my husband, Jayse, who I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with and starting another journey together. The possibilities are endless when you have love without boundaries.

Jayse Matthews:

In a society drenched in a religious soaked upbringing, is unfortunately the way some of us are introduced to this world. Coming out in two thousand and eight, was the most trying and challenging years I've ever had to conclude. Throughout my childhood I knew there was something different about me. I like guys.

The imminent agony religion brought to my reality back then, the induced brainwashing; the voices inside my mind had been getting louder now and even harder to stop hearing.“You’re going to hell” “There’s something revolting and vile within you” “There isn't any hope for you”.

I noticed a change start to happen within after realizing something, I had never been ever truly happy. Unaware, my psyche was uncovering of what was causing so much physical and mental pain where the trauma was leaving me to die; after carrying the unessential baggage others had left in their trail for me to view their burden as my own, I was finally able to breathe. I was finally able to become ME! When I found myself for the first time, the feelings here on this page couldn't even describe the emancipation it brought.

My beginning journey is just one drop of water in the vast ocean of stories that countless people go through. It’s a sad reality that some of us travel. And for some, never find the path they are ever truly meant to be on. I became who I was born to be. If I didn't, I may have never have found someone who loves for who I am. And for that, I am thankful for my husband, Jaxin.

No comments:

Post a Comment